WORLD'S WEIRDEST SHARKS
Find out about the less familiar but truly fascinating species with their highly distinguishing features – all useful adaptations for survival. They include the very long-nosed goblin shark; the deep sea frilled shark that resembles a sea serpent; the sawshark, so-named for obvious reasons; the Greenland shark that’s full of antifreeze; and the epaulette shark that can walk on land.
• An ever-appealing subject.
• Dramatic photographs that deliver the ‘wow’ factor.
• Authentic, accessible text full of interesting facts.
• Clearly labelled diagrams and imagery that explain anatomy and behaviour.
• Great resource for school projects.
Ambush hunting, basking shark, Carboniferous Period, camouflage, chimeras, cow shark, shark eggs, epaulette shark, frilled shark, goblin shark, Greenland shark, horn shark, lanternshark, leopard shark, shark antifreeze, shark reproduction, sawsharks, swell sharks, thresher shark, whale shark, zebra shark