Subject: Science & Technology
Retail Price: £7.99
Currently out of stock
The revolutionary jet engine enabled planes to travel faster, higher and farther than ever before. Check out some superlatives in jet plane design: the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, officially the fastest jet; the biggest – the Antonov An-225, Airbus A380 and Boeing 747-8; and highest flyer – a MiG E-25 piloted by Alexander Fedotov. Weird stealth machines and jet aerobatics are not to be missed, either...
• High interest subject with a special focus on cutting-edge aircraft design.
• Brings together historic, record- breaking feats of piloted flight.
• Text presented in neat nuggets along with simple technical diagrams to explain aircraft engineering.
• Superb and inspiring photography.
• Designed to engage the most reluctant reader.
Take a Look Inside...
Aerobatics; jet engines; jet power; speed of sound; turbofans; afterburner; spy planes; airbus; military planes; fuselages