Subject: Science, Technology & History
UK Retail Price £7.99
US Library Binding
Multi-user eBook: $31.99
INSIDE BATTLE MACHINES
Currently out of stock
Submarines opens with the first military submarine, Turtle, deployed during the American Revolutionary War, and shows how submarines became part of war strategy for the first time in World War I, with the German U-boat campaign, and their huge role in World War II. Cutaway artworks display the heart of a U-boat and modern hunter-killer, with lots of detail on nuclear-powered submarines, their technology, propulsion, controls and defence systems (torpedoes and missiles).
• Engaging subject that appeals to boys.
• Explains the engineering and technology of powerful machines.
• Bite-sized chunks of information, clear, cutaway artworks and realistic illustrations of machines.
• Places the machines in their historical context.
• Designed to engage the most reluctant reader.
Take a look Inside...
Arctic missions; ballistic missiles; cruise missiles; first submarines; H. L. Hunley; mini submarines; modern submarines; Nautilus; nuclear submarines; sonar systems; Tomahawk cruise missiles; U-Boats; World War I submarines; World War II submarines