SHARKS IN DANGER
All-powerful as they seem, it may come as a surprise that sharks are in need of our help. And not only that, but we need them, as key players in the oceans’ ecosystems. But 73 species face some kind of threat, from the less serious to the verge of extinction – and that is just the number known about. Find out the reasons for this, including the millions killed to satisfy demand for shark fin soup.
• An ever-appealing subject.
• Dramatic photographs that deliver the ‘wow’ factor.
• Authentic, accessible text full of interesting facts.
• Clearly labelled diagrams and imagery that explain anatomy and behaviour.
• Great resource for school projects.
apex predators, baby sharks, big-game fishing, chemical pollution, commercial fishing, conservation, critically endangered sharks, culls, electrical charges, endangered sharks, immune system, pollution, protecting sharks, protective netting, tagging, tourism, visiting with sharks, vulnerable sharks