Stickmen's guide to
Every structure and machine is designed and held together by engineering. Find out what materials are used, and where factories and homes get their power. View the world’s tallest buildings and the fascinating shapes that bridges can be. Take a slice through a ship, car, locomotive and plane to see how they are put together, and which are the largest and fastest…
• All aspects of science brought to life through crystal-clear, accessible text.
• Appealing artworks illustrate each point, whether an overview, a process or a tiny detail, reinforcing a logical, step-by-step read.
• A single-topic-per-spread format lets the reader know where they are.
• Source books to tie in with schoolwork.
• Designed to engage the most reluctant reader.
Power; tallest building; factories; electricity; bridges; ships; cars; locomotives; planes; STEM