amazing science experiments
PLAYING WITH LIGHT
Playing with Light – Up periscope and more... you’ll find out how light behaves and changes as it passes through lenses – and that includes the ones in your eyes! Ten great experiments include splitting light into its spectrum of colours with an ice cube; reflecting it with mirror signals; making a very early photographic device, the camera obscura, to show how images are made; and seeing how your eyes retain an image even after it’s no longer there!
Science & Technology
• Simple, hands-on projects for budding scientists and the simply curious.
• Fun illustrations and clear step-by- step text.
• Makes science accessible and easy to understand.
• Source books to tie in with schoolwork.
• Designed to engage the most reluctant reader.
3D effects; camera obscura; colour mixing; heliograph; kaleidoscope; Antonie van Leeuwenhoek; lenses; microscope; rainbows; stereoscopic pictures; stereoviewer; stereovision; telescope