maths in science
Ages ago, a curious Greek called Eratosthenes worked out the Earth’s circumference only using geometry, and came really close! And Copernicus figured that the Sun, not Earth, was the centre of our solar system – later on, the telescope proved him right! Discover the shapes that make things strong, the number system that led to computers, the metric revolution and much more. It’s a whizz!
• Maths brought to life through attractive, everyday examples and stunning scientific discoveries.
• Superb photographs show exactly the points being explained.
• Clear text presented in neat nuggets with fascinating details.
• Source books to tie in with schoolwork.
• Designed to engage the most reluctant reader.
Measuring; time; geometry; angles; volume and mass; sundial; lenses; triangles; polygons; binary numbers;