maths in art and spORT
When we make things or play sport, the rules of maths can help! Find out how artists learned to paint a 3D scene on a 2D surface, about the 180 degree rule for shooting a film, and what gives the ‘beat’ to music and poetry. Angles and parabolas make the difference between winning or losing a match, and if you’re a goalkeeper, you must try to predict how a penalty will be aimed – it’s all about probability!
• Maths brought to life through attractive, everyday examples, stunning scientific discoveries, and art and sporting activities.
• Superb photographs show exactly the points being explained.
• Clear text presented in neat nuggets with fascinating details.
• Source books to tie in with schoolwork.
• Designed to engage the most reluctant reader.
Degrees; time; predicting; statistics; angles; perspective; force and gravity; axis; rotation; fractions