History of the world
FIRST CITIES & EMPIRES
Take a sweep from the first human footsteps in Africa to the fall of Rome, the greatest empire of the ancient world. Among many landmarks on the way, farming and metals are discovered, the wheel and writing are invented and the first cities, cultures and empires founded, from the Mayan civilization in Mexico to the Han dynasty in China. Check in with peoples, lands and achievements that seem the stuff of myth.
• History brought to life in a charming, characterful artwork style, dotted with funny speech bubbles.
• Draws together contemporary events from around the world, giving a sense of structure and global overview.
• Text presented in neat nuggets with amusing details.
• Source books to tie in with schoolwork.
• Designed to engage the most reluctant reader.
Akkadian empire; Ancient Egypt; Ancient Greece; Assyrians; Bronze Age; burial mounds; Celts; China; Copper Age; Eurasia; Germanic tribes; Goths; Hadrian’s Wall; Hannibal; Hittites; Ice Age; India; Mayas;Olmecs; Romans; Stone Age; Sumerians