Subject: Science, Technology & History
Retail Price £7.99
Currently out of stock
Battleships tells the dramatic story of fighting ships, from ancient triremes powered by banks of oars, through the powerful ships of the line in the days of sail, to the first armoured battleships and beyond. The historic battles featured include Salamis in 480 BCE (won by outnumbered Greek forces), Trafalgar (1805) and Jutland (1916), along with major encounters of World War II. The workings of a modern warship, aircraft carrier and stealth frigate are also shown in fascinating detail.
• Engaging subject that appeals to boys.
• Explains the engineering and technology of powerful machines.
• Bite-sized chunks of information, clear, cutaway artworks and realistic illustrations of machines.
• Places the machines in their historical context.
• Designed to engage the most reluctant reader.
Take a Look Inside...
aircraft carriers; Ancient Greek warships; Jutland; Trafalgar; galleons; galleys; gas turbine engines; Golden Hind; Greek fire; HMS Dreadnought; HMS Victory; ironclads; medieval warships; Spanish Armada;torpedoes; World War I; World War II